- I'm still alive
- I am still into games
- I am still healthy (minor scare with a kidney stone surgery, all good now)
- I am still keeping up with battletech (the field manual beta thing was great)
- I have done zero work on battletech since the last update.
The reasons I haven't touched battletech are:
- I feel the community doesn't care about what I have to offer
- I can't get my questions about rules answered
- I am not playing anymore
So, tell ya what. Since I am not one to let folks down, and honestly I have a ton of time for hobbies that I am simply choosing to spend on OTHER things, I have a proposal.
If I can get $1000 donated to my bad_syntax at yahoo.com paypal account, I will start working on Battletech again, and will stick to it as I'll feel obligated because people gave me money.
Oh, and the money? 100% of it will be donated to the ASPCA, I won't keep a single dime (even if $1k isn't reached). I'll post updates on here as to the amount if it gets to a significant number. That isn't the point of this. I just want to see if there is enough interest left in me bothering trying to write the designer, and anything else for a while.
Note: I have estimated that development time and resources for such a project (and I do often do projects like this at work) would be at least $300K, so .3% of that is a deal :)
Drink water, and till next time!