Friday, August 2, 2019

Some Updates, New Card Maker Released!

Been a while, haven't been into Battletech much.  However I got a new server, moved the site over, and in so doing made a LOT of updates.  However, I am still making a LOT of updates so expect errors still.  I also need to update the database with recent new units.

Anyway, first thing is somebody asked, and I delivered, a new version of the card maker!

http://www.battletechengineer.com/AlphaStrikeCardMaker132.zip (Note, this is v1.31 that fixes LAM/Jump if you are using hexes vs inches)

Next, a big chunk of why I am getting back into Battletech is the new Clan Invasion kickstarter!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/450703636/battletech-clan-invasion/


I'm backed at the Full Kerensky level, though since all it appears to be now is gaming with a bunch of people that don't like me, I will probably downgrade my pledge unless they make it better somehow.

Also, MORE good news.  The ONE thing preventing me from going forward with my real time battletech game was a decent 2D graphics engine I could use.  Waaay back when I started I used DirectX, and while it still worked, all support for it was deprecated and it just way out of date.

So, once I finish updating my site so everything works (its back end systems will also be what i use in my game, so its a dependency), and finish my database update, my next project should be my real time battletech game.  By real time I mean 10 seconds in game = 1 turn = 10 seconds real life.  If your match took 5 minutes of game time to play on the tabletop (30 turns), it will last 5 minutes in this game.  At first it'll be solaris style battles, 1v1, hopefully up to 256v256, but even 12v12 is great.  If the game takes off, surely I can find a better programmer than myself to create the network code.

8 comments:

  1. holy mother of Bob, you're alive! hey guess what, 2765 has 100% faction ownership mapped, hope you're still intereste in updating your cartography app!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. umm... this is Volt, btw... don't know why I'm "unknown" LOL

      Delete
  2. Looks like the zip file broke. Maybe host on Dropbox?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you active again. I know how it feels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. one of my friends backed at the Full Kerensky.... you guys are crazy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you please fix the link to the card generator?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Loan Fund worked extensively with me to help me anticipate some of the issues that my business may face. Not many lenders would go to that length. They’ve been extremely supportive and a great resource.
    Working with Mr Pedro helped me develop my business plan, ideas and brand before getting started, so I was prepared to open a successful business when I received my loan from Mr Pedro, a loan officer with a huge heart of honesty.
    Contact Mr Pedro on pedroloanss@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete