Friday, August 24, 2012

Stupid Computers

This is a bit off topic, but since it created a delay I'll spit it out anyway.

Computers suck.  There.  I said it.  It is how I make my living however, so I have to accept it.

I always buy the best I can get when it comes to new computers.  I buy the latest video cards, best phones, fastest processors, etc.  I don't continually upgrade, I just get the best, and replace it all when it gets old.  This has suited me well, especially since I haven't had to upgrade anything but my video card in about 4 years now.

But speaking of video card... I have 2 in my machine, a Geforce GTX480 and a Geforce GTX280.  I run 4 monitors, cuz, well, if you ran 4 monitors you'd know why ;).  Anyway, the 480 actually replaced a 460 that I had go bad about 2.5 years ago, it was under warranty, and I had it replaced.  Actually, at this moment, I realized it was at work in a server there.... gotta get it tomorrow.

To my point... today my 480 went bad, about 2.5 years old.  It sucked, as now I'm down to 2 monitors and don't think games will play too well on a 280, but at least I think it is under warranty and can get a new one.  Otherwise I'll be out about $600 for a new video card.... oh well, life sucks.

Anyway, now for the good news.  I did have another card, so I can still work (2 monitors tho <whimper>) and I am, tonight, HOPEFULLY creating the very last record sheet file for TRO3063!!!  I then have a couple week project to knock out for Strike Legion by LegionnaireGames.com (great system, I recommend buying it!) and then I'll be doing 70% of my time to updating my site, 20% to a Federation and Empire project, and 10% to a combination of a new search site and file sharing site, hopefully one of those last 2 will make me not have to work anymore in the near future.

I also now work for an MSP, meaning I have access to *thousands* of domains, hundreds of new IPs, etc, so I may go create a new account on the forums and just *really really* watch what I say and never really say its me.  If they looked close they could probably figure it out, but perhaps if I ensure I never break any of their rules perhaps they won't mind too much.  I'd rather their perma-ban just be a few months or something, as I have a  *lot* to contribute, but oh well.

If one of you readers want to do me a favor (well a forum user a favor), there is a posting here asking for a 3025 hex map.  I have had one on my site for years google would have brought up (its the 3rd image, BattleTechNewMAP.png)

No comments:

Post a Comment