Second, my MUL has everything about everything. The only thing left is about 200 WS/DS, after which I'll format it up, toss it in a database, and let people peruse it.
For but for of you who don't know how to use google, and think that i'm releasing IP protected content, use google: Google
Click on any of those links, well, minus the couple CCG related ones (Your results are probably a bit different, google sells your info and markets specific things to you based on your viewing habits).
Anyway, notice all those sites with everything needed to make that unit? Heck, I don't even have all the fluff yet, and probably never will (though I do plan on grabbing quite a bit from HMP files, including who edited the if the data is in there).
So anybody getting all freaked out, I'm not copying a PDF and putting online like some have, I actually manually entered in every single byte. I did link many to their canon MUL entry though, so you can hyperlink to masterunitlist.info, and my stuff will be in a much more usable format, but it isn't anything new to the internet by any means.
Oh, and I thought of this earlier today. A bit on the whole ban thing, I did know it was coming eventually so it wasn't a surprise, the moderators did it, probably without talking to anybody on the CGL payroll (my assumption), but as a former leader in the US Army, I took full responsibility when my subordinates screwed up, and though it may or may not be right in this case, kicking a contributor off the forums forever for my infractions seems to me pretty harsh, and not the way CGL should allow its fans to be treated. I don't think this was anything personal, but just moderators blindly following rules without interpretation, something I'd make my soldiers do push-ups for.
Here is my plan, in no particular order:
- Finish up the MUL, only about 200 units left, all DS/WS, probably won't finish till this weekend as I've got "chores" to do :)
- Write a real time game, similar to BT, using megamek mech type graphics for now but in DX, that lets multiple people log on and fight out a game between tanks, infantry, buildings, mechs, VTOLs, etc, etc. I think the hardest part about this will be creating and defining the interfaces, can't exactly use the DOW one :)
- Import heavy metal mech fluff into the MUL, I never wrote an app to convert the other heavy metal apps :(
- Write a web interface for the MUL. That includes showing all the record sheets, hopefully a QS/BF sheet, and some decent searching code.
- Finish up my rules for "Interstellar Wars". This are probably much like IO/ISW or ISIF, but I'm thinking far less broken and far more detailed. Its too big to fight out an entire succession war (unless you have a LOT of space/time/toner), but it'll be used to test out the code in the eventual Interstellar Wars computer game.
- Look at Renegade Legion again as a potential computer conversion instead of BT. Though its owned by the same folks, nobody is making stuff for it, and I've always been a big fan. Or maybe Heavy Gear/Jovian Chronicals. Both of those I really need more art for though :(