If for some reason I decide not to spend the time to do that (kinda likely, I have to at least try to run for congress, even if my desire is to loose), I will throw the excel file up here for all to download... even though I may not really use it in the future, I spend hundreds of hours putting this data together, and have started this probably 5 times over the last decade. I finished thanks to my wife letting me not work for a month.
Anyway, just to wet your appetite a bit, here are some notes I'm putting together on it.
615 out of 5491 canon MUL units have not been released yet. However, all of these units may not be valid, and when I use only valid MUL entries, there are only 256 of my 5153 units are not on the canon MUL
Here are the 175 products I used as sources for my data:
Battle of Coventry
Black Widow Company
Clan Jade Falcon
Cranston Snord's Irregulars
Day of Heroes
ED:Age of War
Fall of Terra
Fist and Falcon
Frst and Falcon
HexPack Promotion 1
Jihad Final Reckoning
Liberation Of Terra 1
McCarron's Armored Cavalry
OTP:Death to Mercenaries
OTP:Death to Mercenaries
Royalty and Rogues
RS:3025 & 3026
RS:3050 Upgrade Clan/SLDF
RS:3050 Upgrade IS
RS:3050 Upgrade Print
RS:3050 Upgrade Unabridged Clan/SLDF
RS:3050 Upgrade Unabridged IS
RS:3055 & 3058
RS:3058 Unabridged Clan/SLDF/BA
RS:3058 Unabridged IS
RS:3058 Upgrade v1.1
RS:3085 Unabridged - Old Is The New New
RS:3085 Unabridged - Phoenix
RS:3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge
Solaris The Reaches
Sword and Dragon
Tales of the Black Widow
The Dragon Roars
War of Reaving
Wolf and Blake Starterbook
I downloaded the following from PRI, where I got fluff info, though I may not end up including it in the final document:
21 had 3 matches
358 had 2 matches
32 had no matches
I then matched up all the entries with their appropriate canon MUL entries (to link back), from 14 MAR 2012.
Total of 5491 canon entries, 542 entries on the canon MUL I have no data for as they aren't published yet, 4472 of these entries have images
So, in the end, I have:
5152 Units entered
178 are not on the MUL
421 either don't have enough information to recreate, or some of the data is questionable
There was 1 unit missing from RS:Reinforcements 1, my page was ripped out, I don't know what it was
- I have *NO* fluff data, no manufacturing stuff, no big text blocks, just hard data
- Many of the values are shortend, I use "MicPL" for micro Pulse Laser, or "LRM15:Artemis IV", stuff like that
- Some of the data isn't consistently entered, mostly equipment. For example some units may have "2-ERML-RT", others may have "1-ERML-RT" and "1-ERML-RT", and yet others "1-ERML-RT,RT". I want to clean that up, but the data is still good
- Some of the page numbers on the TROs/RSs I provide are of a bit, they all need re-indexed, but most of the ones I got the data from are correct
- Some of the data is formulas. Armor tons and engine ratings for conventional/mech forces
- Most battle armor weapons don't show the # of shots on the RS or TRO, I flagged these as incomplete until I can go back through and verify
- Some of the naming schemes/variants/etc aren't consistent. I will work on them as I see them to get a good standard.
- If the MUL didn't have BV, I grabbed it from the TRO, if it wasn't there I used the RS, if no BV I flagged it, but for many units it won't be correct
- I didn't mark slots for advanced armor on conventional or aerospace forces. It should be easy enough afterwards.
- I'm not 100% sure I like the way I put data in for buildings and mobile structures, I was thinking of making each hex its own line, still not sure how I'll do it but the data is in there.
- There are bound to be lots of errors all over the place, mostly typos, once I get a construction algorithm to verify them it should help clean them up, though with the amount of unfixed errata out there it'll be painful
- All of the equipment links to another big spreadsheet I put together that has *ALL* the equipment for the universe, and *ALL* the stats for it. Unfortunately there is a large amount of missing data TPTB seem to not want to fix (I've asked them about it a few times only to be ignored). This is why some things have short abbreviations. Hopefully you can figure out what they are easy enough.
- I tried to make illegal items fix, like the buildings from McCarron's Armored Cavalry, the Super Wasp/Super Griffin, and the original vehicles from the MW1 RPG, some fit better than others.
I'd really like to put together a database that can allow you to submit edits to it, perhaps even in real time, so as you see an issue you can fix it (I'll get an approval log each day to accept any changes as final), but like I mentioned, I am really not sure I can stay motivated with BT after the childish activity on the forums.